What is Pendulum Glucose Control (PGC)?
Pendulum Glucose Control provides a targeted approach to Type 2 diabetes care.
Pendulum Glucose Control (PGC) is a synbiotic with a proprietary blend with five anaerobic microbe probiotics and the prebiotic inulin.
The five strains in PGC are known to be missing or lacking functionality in people with Type 2 diabetes.
Here’s a look at what’s inside PGC:
Why Do Specific Strains Matter?
- Akkermansia Muciniphila: Microbe heavily tied with SCFA production and mucin association. Involved in maintaining a healthy mucin layer, which promotes (or increases) diversity in microbes.
- Clostridium Beijerinckii: Microbe involved in acetate and butyrate production. The short-chain fatty acid (SCFA), butyrate, binds to specific receptors within the gut mucosa and stimulates glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1).
- Anaerobutyricum Hallii: Microbe involved in acetate and butyrate production.
- Clostridium Butyricum: Microbe involved in acetate and butyrate production.
- Bifidobacterium Infantis: Microbe involved with improved digestive health by way of acetate production and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Inulin: Although not a strain, this is a prebiotic that serves as nutrition for the strains.
The Science Behind Pendulum Glucose Control
Research indicates that two imbalances in the gut microbiome are linked to the incidence of Type 2 diabetes:
- Inability to produce the short-chain fatty acid butyrate, typically produced when the gut microbiome metabolizes some dietary fibers
- Impaired functional ability to maintain the mucin layer of the gut lining
Pendulum Glucose Control (PGC) demonstrates:
- A1C Reduction by 0.6% 1
- Post-Meal-Related Blood-Glucose Reduction by 32.5% 2
Beyond Probiotics: Our Mission
Driven by the desire to find improvements to managing chronic illnesses through the microbiome, Pendulum is empowering people with groundbreaking products and tools to achieve long-term health.
Our clinical team is dedicated to providing a variety of nutrition services and personalized care to all our customers.
We understand the importance of addressing microbiome imbalances by introducing beneficial strains and consuming adequate soluble fiber.
Let's Collaborate Together
Pendulum is committed to helping people through the microbiome, starting with Type 2 diabetes and metabolic health.
Pendulum is better equipped with healthcare professionals, thought-leaders, and innovators like you on our team, and we are excited you are interested in joining our network.
As part of the Pendulum Partners program, you will become a microbiome expert while enhancing the health of your patients. Earn many more perks like free continuing education unit for your licensure, expand your network across the nation, connect with other thought leaders, and reward yourself through collaborations or affiliate income
Hungry for more? Here are some helpful resources:
- Our Clinical Study Explained Hope Warshaw, MMSc, RD, CDCES, BC-ADM, breaks down the results of Pendulum's double-blind, placebo-controlled 12-week study,
- SoundBites: THE GUT MICROBIOME & TYPE 2 DIABETES - Melissa Joy Dobbins, with guests Dr. Orville Kolterman and Kristin Neusel. This episode provides further insight into potential microbiome dysfunctions, how certain food choices and Pendulum Glucose Control benefit the microbiome!
- Discover why diet alone may not be enough to manage Type 2 diabetes. Discover how PGC helps produce butyrate, leading to a series of metabolic events that decrease A1c and after-meal blood-glucose levels.
Next Steps to Becoming a Pendulum Partner
Ready to set yourself apart from peers and become a microbiome expert?
Want to connect with a group of like-minded healthcare professionals?
To get started with the Pendulum Partners Program, please fill out the application by clicking below!
BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care, July 2020
- Reduction in mean A1C compared to placebo.
- Reduction in meal-related blood glucose following standard meals.