Last Revised on October 18, 2019
” or “us
”) related to your use of and access to the Pendulum sites, content, applications, services, tools and features, provided by us, including without limitation, the websites: www.pendulum.co
(each individually referred to herein as the “Site
,” or collectively as the “Sites
”), any of their subdomains, or any related sites, applications, widgets or online services offered by us (collectively, the “Services
” and “your
”) and non-personal information (“Non-PI
” is information about you that is personally identifiable (e.g., your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, payment card information, and any other information that you submit, including answers to surveys or questionnaires, testimonials or other information regarding your experiences with Pendulum’s products or services). “Non-PI
” is information that does not directly or indirectly identify you, and cannot reasonably be used to identify you. If Non-PI is directly or indirectly associated with PI, this Non-PI is then treated as PI.Information We May Collect About You Includes:
How We Collect Your Information
- Registration details you provide when you create an account, such as your name, email address, telephone number, birthdate, username and password.
- Information you provide related to your health condition, including, but not limited to: diabetes related symptoms; triggers you associate with your diabetic conditions; medications you take; Information related to your consultations with nutritionists or other healthcare providers; and other medical or health issues.
- Information you provide when you access or use the Services and each time you interact with the Services or otherwise with us, for example, when you update Information in your account, communicate with us by telephone or email, and order or download updates. We also store Information about the products you purchase through the Services, such as the product specifications, date of purchase, and details relating to any support issue.
- Information you provide to the Services, including using our review, comment, testimonials, post or similar functionality. As noted below, if you provide such Information to the Services, we will identify you by your initials when posting such Information to any public or semi-public part of the Services, including the Sites.
- Usage, viewing and technical Information, including your IP address or device identifier when you use the Services. If you access your account from a mobile device, that mobile device may also provide us with details of your location. Most mobile devices allow you to disable this functionality.
How PI Provided By You May Be Used
- We collect Information you provide to us when you: register with us; input Information into the Services; create user generated content; request products, services or information from us; respond to customer surveys; or otherwise interact with us or the Services.
- Each time you access the Services, Pendulum collects some information to improve the overall quality of your online experience. For example, Pendulum collects aggregate queries for internal reporting and also counts, tracks, and aggregates our users’ activity into Pendulum’s analysis of general traffic-flow on the Services.
- We collect Information through unique identifiers (such as IP address or your mobile device advertising identifier). An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that automatically identifies the computer/device you have used to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider.
The ways in which we may use your Information include the following:
- To provide you with the Services and other products and services you request.
- To administer your Pendulum account, respond to your inquiries and send you administrative communications.
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you details or updates about features of the Services or changes to our policies.
- To create anonymized and aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and other functions.
- To personalize content and experiences and advertising.
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- To optimize or improve the content, products, services, and features of the Services.
- To evaluate customer response to our products and services, personalize and improve the Services and user experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, to deliver content or features that match user profiles or interests.
- To monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the services.
- To send you offers and promotions for our other products and services.
In some cases, Pendulum may use PI submitted by you, such as your answers to questions or surveys about our products or services, your demographic or geographic information, to demonstrate the value of its products and/or services in marketing and/or advertising materials or media. In such cases, Pendulum shall not identify you as the source of such information without your express consent, and absent such consent, shall ensure that any such presented information is anonymized so that the information will not be attributable to you when and as presented.
We may share your PI outside Pendulum in the following circumstances which you consent to:
- We may disclose your PI when you request our referral services to forward or share certain content with a friend, such as an email inviting a friend to use the Services or sharing certain content from the Services with a friend.
- We may disclose your PI to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or governmental regulations, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We may also disclose your PI if we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law or regulation.
- We may share your PI in connection with the sale of a business (including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings).
In addition, we may share Non-PI and anonymized and aggregated data sets with third parties, alone or in combination with the Non-PI of other users. POSTING REVIEW OR OTHER COMMENTS TO THE SERVICES
If you submit a review or provide other comments to the Services, and we display such comments on a public or semi-public part of the Services, we will identify you by your initials.YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your Information. Your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account.
- You may change your choices for newsletters and alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services.
- You may request access to the PI we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your PI, by modifying your profile or by contacting us at email@example.com
or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect PI from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific PI about you that we process or retain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide secure credit card processing when ordering from us, orders placed through our Services are processed through Shopify Inc (“Shopify
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track
” signals. Pendulum and the Services do not process or respond to “Do Not Track
” signals.CHILDREN’S PRIVACY PROTECTION
We do not seek or knowingly collect any PI about children under 18 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected PI from a child under 18 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
AS A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU MAY CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR TO REQUEST A LIST OF THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION FOR SUCH THIRD PARTIES’ MARKETING PURPOSES AND THE CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION WE MAY DISCLOSE. SEE HOW TO CONTACT US BELOW.HOW TO CONTACT US
or by e-mail at email@example.com