Stay in touch about special discounts, nutrition tips and additional education.
Terms and Conditions
Last Revised on March 7, 2023
Welcome to the Terms of Service (“Terms”) for Pendulum Therapeutics, Inc. (“Pendulum,” “we,” “us,” or the “Company”).
These Terms govern your use of and access to the sites, content, applications, services, tools and features provided by us (collectively, the “Services”). The Services include, without limitation, the following websites: www.pendulum.co and www.pendulumlife.com (each individually referred to herein as the “Site,” or collectively as the “Sites”). Please read these Terms carefully, as they include important information about your legal rights.
By using or accessing the Services, you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms. For purposes of these Terms, “you” and “your” means you as the user of the Services. If you use the Services on behalf of a company or other entity then “you” includes you and that entity, and you represent and warrant that (a) you are an authorized representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to these Terms, and (b) you agree to these Terms on the entity’s behalf.
|Please note that Section 11 contains an arbitration clause and class action waiver. By agreeing to the Terms, you agree (a) to resolve all disputes with us through binding individual arbitration, which means that you waive any right to have those disputes decided by a judge or jury, and (b) that you waive your right to participate in class actions, class arbitrations, or representative actions. You have the right to opt-out of arbitration as explained in Section 11.|
TABLE OF CONTENTS1. Who May Use the Services
2. Information Disclaimer
3. User Accounts
5. Rights We Grant You
6. Ownership and Content
7. Third Party Services and Materials
9. Limitations of Liability
11. Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
12. Additional Provisions
1. WHO MAY USE THE SERVICES
You must be 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories to use our Services. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Services. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you meet all of these requirements.
2. INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
Information and/or material provided on the Services is provided for general informational and/or educational purposes. The information provided on the Sites is provided “As Is,” without any warranty of any kind, including without limitation any representation or warranty as to its accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose or use.
INFORMATION ON THE SITES IS NOT PROVIDED AS, NOR SHOULD IT SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL ADVICE.
IF YOU ARE SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE YOU ARE URGED TO CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER LICENSED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR CALL 911, IMMEDIATELY.
No information provided on the Sites is intended to make or imply any drug claims for the treatment of any disease or health condition, or to make any comparison or implied claims against any FDA approved interventions for any disease or health condition. No information provided on the Sites should be used in the diagnosis of any disease or health condition. For diagnosis of any disease or health condition, you should consult your physician or licensed healthcare professional.
Information included on the Sites may be derived from reviews of relevant scientific and medical literature, from Pendulum’s advisors, and/or from Pendulum’s own research findings and clinical studies, and may reflect interpretations of the authors, advisors and Pendulum personnel. There may always be varying opinions, interpretations and conclusions reached by others based upon the same, similar or different research.
While Pendulum will endeavor to keep the information on the Sites current and consistent, information may become outdated over time, or superseded by subsequent disclosure. The Sites may include technical or other inaccuracies, inconsistencies or typographical errors. Pendulum assumes no liability for accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information contained on the Sites. Changes may be periodically added to the information and these changes will be incorporated in new editions of the Site.
3. USER ACCOUNTS
3.1. Creating and Safeguarding your Account. To use certain of the Services, you may need to create an account (“Account”). You agree to provide us with accurate, complete and updated information for your Account. You can access, edit and update your Account by logging into your Account on the Sites. You are solely responsible for any activity on your Account and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password. We are not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with your Account. You must immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know or have any reason to suspect that your Account or password have been stolen, misappropriated or otherwise compromised, or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Account.
4.2. Refund Policy [United States Domestic Transactions] - Eligible Purchases. Due to the nature of our Products, they cannot be reused in any way once they leave our facility. In order to avoid waste, we do not accept returns. If our Products fail to meet your expectations, as outlined in the Money Back Guarantee Policy, you may request a refund for a Product purchased from our Site(s) per the requirements outlined in our Money Back Guarantee Policy. When you notify us that you want a refund for your Products, please explain why you were dissatisfied with the Product. You can contact the Pendulum Customer Care team at help.pendulumlife.com.
If Products ordered from our Site(s) are lost in transit or damaged, you can request a refund or a replacement.
- Damaged Products must be reported within 14 days of receipt of your order. You can report damaged Products by contacting the Pendulum Customer Care team at help.pendulumlife.com. When reporting receipt of damaged Products, please describe and provide pictures of the damage. You should also confirm if you are requesting a refund or a replacement.
- A product shipment is considered lost if it is not delivered to the shipping address on file at the time of shipment or returned to us within 14 days of the shipping date. Orders reported as delivered by the carrier are not considered to be lost. You can report a lost shipment by contacting the Pendulum Customer Care team at help.pendulumlife.com. When sending your report, please let us know if you’d like a refund or replacement.
4.3. Refund Policy - Ineligible Purchases.
- Products purchased from our Site(s) then forwarded to an address outside of our current shipping area are not eligible for a refund.
- Products purchased from our Site(s) with a shipping address outside of the United States (and associated territories) are not eligible for refunds. Customers are solely responsible for any additional charges incurred for customs clearing and international duties or taxes.
- Products that shipped as part of a membership that was canceled after you were charged are not eligible for a refund.
- Shipping costs are not eligible for a refund.
- Wholesale transactions and orders are not eligible for a refund.
4.4. Money Back Guarantee Policy. Our Money Back Guarantee applies whenever you order or otherwise receive any of our Products through our Sites. Our Money Back Guarantee is only valid for the first time that you purchase a Product, and it is redeemable up to 14 days after the end of the Trial Period.
- Pendulum Glucose Control
- a. With the purchase of Glucose Control, we ask that you try the Product for at least 90 days (the “Trial Period”) to see if it reduces your A1C. The Trial Period begins on the date that you receive your first bottle, and ends 30 days after you receive your last bottle.
- b. In order to qualify for our Money Back Guarantee, Glucose Control must be taken twice daily (suggested as one capsule in the morning, and one in the evening) as directed for 90 consecutive days (requiring the purchase of 3 bottles containing a 60-capsule, 30-day supply). The Money Back Guarantee does not apply if you do not meet these purchase requirements.
- c. If you complete the Trial Period and your purchase of Glucose Control from our Site(s) fails to meet your expectations and you do not experience a reduction of your A1C level, notify us, and we will refund you the full purchase price (excluding shipping and handling fees) of the 3 bottles of Product required to complete the Trial Period. When you notify us that you want a refund for your Product, please explain why you were dissatisfied with the Product. You can notify us by contacting the Pendulum Customer Care team at help.pendulumlife.com.
- Pendulum Akkermansia
- a. With the purchase of our Akkermansia Product, we ask that you try the Product for at least 30 days (the “Trial Period”). The Trial Period begins on the date that you receive your bottle, and the Trial Period ends 30 days after the date that you received your bottle.
- b. In order to qualify for our Money Back Guarantee, Akkermansia must be taken once daily as directed for 30 consecutive days (requiring the purchase of 1 bottle containing a 30-capsule, 30-day supply). The Money Back Guarantee does not apply if you do not meet these purchase requirements.
- c. If you complete the Trial Period and your purchase of Akkermansia from our Site(s) fails to meet your expectations, notify us, and we will refund you the full purchase price (excluding shipping and handling fees) for the 1 bottle of Product required to complete the Trial Period. When you notify us that you want a refund for your Product, please explain why you were dissatisfied with the Product. You can notify us by contacting the Pendulum Customer Care team at help.pendulumlife.com.
- Pendulum Butyricum
- a. With the purchase of our Butyricum Product, we ask that you try the Product for at least 30 days (the “Trial Period”). The Trial Period begins on the date that you receive your bottle, and the Trial Period ends 30 days after the date that you received your bottle.
- b. In order to qualify for our Money Back Guarantee, Butyricum must be taken once daily as directed for 30 consecutive days (requiring the purchase of 1 bottle containing a 30-capsule, 30-day supply). The Money Back Guarantee does not apply if you do not meet these purchase requirements.
- c. If you complete the Trial Period and your purchase of Butyricum from our Site(s) fails to meet your expectations, notify us, and we will refund you the full purchase price (excluding shipping and handling fees) for the 1 bottle of Product required to complete the Trial Period. When you notify us that you want a refund for your Product, please explain why you were dissatisfied with the Product. You can notify us by contacting the Pendulum Customer Care team at help.pendulumlife.com.
- Pendulum Metabolic Daily
- a. With the purchase of our Metabolic Daily Product, we ask that you try the Product for at least 30 days (the “Trial Period”). The Trial Period begins on the date that you receive your bottle, and the Trial Period ends 30 days after the date that you received your bottle.
- b. In order to qualify for our Money Back Guarantee, Metabolic Daily must be taken once daily as directed for 30 consecutive days (requiring the purchase of 1 bottle containing a 30-capsule, 30-day supply). The Money Back Guarantee does not apply if you do not meet these purchase requirements.
- c. If you complete the Trial Period and your purchase of Metabolic Daily from our Site(s) fails to meet your expectations, notify us, and we will refund you the full purchase price (excluding shipping and handling fees) for the 1 bottle of Product required to complete the Trial Period. When you notify us that you want a refund for your Product, please explain why you were dissatisfied with the Product. You can notify us by contacting the Pendulum Customer Care team at help.pendulumlife.com.
- Wholesale transactions and orders are non-refundable.
- Shipping costs are non-refundable.
- International orders are non-refundable
4.5. Membership Cancellation Policy. Membership order cancellation requests from first-time customers will be honored if they are received prior to the shipment of the Products. Cancellation requests can be made by submitting a request through our form.
- Once your order ships, refund requests are addressed according to the Refund Policy and Money-Back Guarantee detailed in sections 4.2-4.4.
Membership cancellation requests must be received by the Sunday prior to the next charge date. If you cancel your membership after your order ships, you will not receive a refund for that order.
5. RIGHTS WE GRANT YOU
5.1. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to limit the Services that you may access, and to cancel or reduce the quantity of any products to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of these Terms or our Purchase Terms and Conditions.
5.2. Restrictions on Your Use of the Services. You may not do any of the following, unless laws prohibit these restrictions or you have our written permission to do so:
- a) download, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, duplicate, publish, license, create derivative works from, or offer for sale any information contained on, or obtained from or through, the Services;
- b) use, reproduce or remove any copyright, trademark, trade names, slogan, logos, images, service marks or other proprietary notations displayed on or through the Services;
- c) exploit the Services for any commercial purpose, including without limitation communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation. For elimination of doubt, in the absence of written agreement with Pendulum, you are explicitly prohibited from advertising, promoting, offering for sale and re-selling Services (including our Products) on third-party platforms including but not limited to Google.com, Amazon.com and Walmart.com;
- d) use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, disrupt or impair the Service or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services or use any device, software or routine that causes the same;
- e) attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt the Services, accounts registered to other users, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Service;
- f) circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any technological measure or content protections of the Services;
- g) use any robot, spider, crawlers or other automatic device, process, software or queries that intercepts, “mines,” scrapes or otherwise accesses the Services to monitor, extract, copy or collect information or data from or through the Services, or engage in any manual process to do the same;
- h) introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- i) use the Services for illegal, harassing, unethical, or disruptive purposes;
- j) violate any applicable law or regulation in connection with your use of the Services; or
- k) use the Services in any way not expressly permitted by these Terms.
6. OWNERSHIP AND CONTENT
6.1. Ownership of the Services. The Services and their content, including their “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos), proprietary content, information and other materials, are protected under copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Other than with respect to Your Content (as defined below), you agree that Pendulum and/or its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Services (including any and all intellectual property rights therein) and you agree not to take any action(s) inconsistent with such ownership interests. We and our licensors reserve all rights in connection with the Services and its content (other than Your Content), including, without limitation, the exclusive right to create derivative works.
6.2. Ownership of Trademarks. The Pendulum name, the Whole Biome name, the term Live Synbiotics, the Pendulum logo, the Whole Biome logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Pendulum or its affiliates or licensors and no use, copying, reproduction or transmission of such trademarks is permitted without our express written consent. Other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans that appear on the Services are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us.
6.3. Ownership of Feedback. We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You acknowledge and expressly agree that any contribution of Feedback does not and will not give or grant you any right, title or interest in the Services or in any such Feedback. All Feedback becomes the sole and exclusive property of Pendulum and Pendulum may use and disclose Feedback in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever without further notice or compensation to you and without retention by you of any proprietary or other right or claim. You hereby assign to Pendulum any and all right, title and interest (including, but not limited to, any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, show-how, know-how, moral rights and any and all other intellectual property right) that you may have in and to any and all Feedback.
6.4. Your Content License Grant. In connection with your use of the Services, you may be able to upload or submit content to be made available through the Services (“Your Content”). As a condition of your use of the Services, you grant us a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicenseable license to access, use, host, cache, store, reproduce, transmit, display, publish, distribute, modify and adapt and create derivative works (either alone or as part of a collective work) from Your Content. As part of the foregoing license grant you agree that we have the right to make any of Your Content available to third parties, so that those third parties can distribute, make derivative works of, comment on and/or analyze Your Content on other media and services (either alone or as part of a collective work). By posting or submitting Your Content through the Services, you represent and warrant that you have, or have obtained, all rights, licenses, consents, permissions, power and/or authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein for Your Content. You agree that Your Content will not contain material subject to copyright or other proprietary rights, unless you have the necessary permission or are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant us the license described above.
6.5 Patents. This section is intended to serve as a notice under 35 U.S.C. § 287(a).
Pendulum Glucose Control: US 9,173,910; 9,486,487; 10,149,867; 10,149,870; 10,729,732; 10,668,116; 10,842,830; 10,675,312; 10,842,831; 11,278,580; 11,213,556; GB2551642; JP6868562; 11,583,558; 11,590,176
Pendulum Akkermansia: US 9,173,910; 10,149,870; 10,729,732; 10,149,867; 11,278,580; 11,590,176
Pendulum Metabolic Daily: US 11,583,558, 11,590,176
Other patents pending
7. THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND MATERIALS
7.1. Use of Third Party Materials in the Services. Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties (“Third Party Materials”) or provide links to certain third party websites. By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or websites. We do not warrant or endorse and do not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third-party Services, Third Party Materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other websites are provided solely as a convenience to you.
7.2 Referral Program. When a Referrer refers a new customer to Pendulum membership products, that new customer receives a referral code to use at checkout for membership products. If that new customer places a purchase, the Referrer receives the same discount on his or her next subscription order. Only one discount will be applied per subscription order, so if a Referrer refers 5 new customers, his or her subscription orders will be discounted for the next 5 renewals. No more than one discount can be applied to one referral or Referrer’s order. If you participate in this program, we may collect and use personal information to offer you financial incentives, or price or service differences, such as discounts, benefits, or other unique rewards for the disclosure of such personal information (e.g., refer-a-friend program, email marketing, and text message registration). If you consent to participate in these offerings, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details set forth herein.
- CCPA | Pursuant to certain data protection laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act, you may be entitled to be informed as to why our financial incentives, or price or service differences, are permitted under the law, including (i) a good-faith estimate of the value of the personal information that forms the basis for offering the financial incentive or price or service difference, and (ii) a description of the method we used to calculate the value of your personal information. Generally, we do not assign monetary or other value to any personal information we collect. However, in the event we are required by law to assign such value in the context of our financial incentives, or price or service differences, we have valued the personal information collected and used as being equal to the value of the discount or financial incentive provided, and the calculation of the value is based upon a practical and good-faith effort often involving the (i) categories of personal information collected (e.g., names, email addresses), (ii) the transferability of such personal information, (iii) the discounted price offered, (iv) the volume of consumers enrolled in our marketing programs, and (v) the product or service to which the financial incentive, or price or service difference, applies. The disclosure of the value and calculation described herein is not intended to waive, nor should be interpreted as a waiver to, our proprietary or business confidential information, including trade secrets, and does not constitute any representation with regard to generally accepted accounting principles or financial accounting standards.
- DISCOUNT CODES | From time to time, we may offer qualified consumers “discount codes”, “promotional codes”, “promo codes”, or “offer codes” through a variety of promotional activities and communications (collectively referred to herein as “offer codes”) that are redeemable towards a purchase on the Services, subject to any conditions, exclusions or restrictions specified by us in the terms for that offer. Only valid offer codes provided or promoted by Pendulum will be honored at checkout. Codes supplied or promoted by third-parties unauthorized by us (including any unauthorized third-party websites) will not be considered valid. Each offer code provided by us is non-transferable and valid for single use on an item (or items) of merchandise as determined by us. Offer codes cannot be applied to previously placed orders. Offer codes may not be combined and customers are limited to the use of a single offer code per order. For online purchases, the code must be entered in the ‘offer code’ field prior to checkout. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or corrupted codes or any unauthorized use of codes. Offer codes cannot be redeemed for cash or any cash equivalent; no substitutions or credits allowed. The dollar value of any offer code will not be refunded or credited back if any or all of the merchandise is returned. Expiry dates may apply to each offer code. Offer codes are void if copied, transferred, sold, exchanged or expired, and where prohibited. Requests not complying with all offer code requirements will not be honored.
8.1. Disclaimers. Your access to and use of the Services are at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, without any warranty of any kind. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Pendulum, its parents, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners and licensors (the “Pendulum Entities”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. The Pendulum Entities make no warranty or representation and disclaim all responsibility and liability for: (a) the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services; (b) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services; (c) the operation or compatibility with any other application or any particular system or device; (d) whether the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure or error-free basis; and (e) the deletion of, or the failure to store or transmit, Your Content and other communications maintained by the Services. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from the Pendulum Entities or through the Services, will create any warranty or representation not expressly made herein.
8.2 Pendulum Product. As with any probiotic, minor adverse effects such as gas, change in bowel patterns, bloating, and GI disturbance may occur. These side effects are typical, and the body usually acclimates after a few days up to 1 week of probiotic use. No allergic reactions were observed within the clinical trial, and Pendulum Glucose Control is free from common allergens such as nuts, dairy, and gluten.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
9.1. Limitations of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL THE PENDULUM ENTITIES BE LIABLE (A) FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES), HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER UNDER THESE TERMS OR OTHERWISE ARISING IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR THESE TERMS AND WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) EVEN IF THE PENDULUM ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, OR (B) FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM, DEMAND OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR THE DELIVERY, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE PENDULUM ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES FINALLY AWARDED SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00), OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID THE PENDULUM ENTITIES, IF ANY, IN THE PAST SIX (6) MONTHS FOR THE SERVICES (OR PRODUCTS PURCHASED ON THE SERVICES) GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
10.1. Indemnification. By entering into these Terms and using the Services, you agree that you shall defend, indemnify and hold the Pendulum Entities harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with: (a) your violation or breach of any term of these Terms, the Purchase Terms or any applicable law or regulation; (b) your violation of any rights of any third party; (c) any unauthorized use of the Services; (d) Your Content, or (e) your negligence or willful misconduct.
11. ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
11.1. Informal Process First. You agree that in the event of any dispute between you and the Pendulum Entities relating in any way to these Terms or your use of the Services, you will first contact Pendulum and make a good faith sustained effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to more formal means of resolution, including without limitation, any court action.
11.2. Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver. After the informal dispute resolution process, any remaining dispute, controversy, or claim (collectively, “Claim”) relating in any way to your use of the Services, will be resolved by arbitration. You and the Pendulum agree that any Claim will be settled by final and binding arbitration, using the English language, administered by JAMS under its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “JAMS Rules”) then in effect (those rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this section, and as of the date of these Terms). Arbitration will be handled by a sole arbitrator in accordance with the JAMS Rules. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court that has jurisdiction. Any arbitration under the Terms will take place on an individual basis – class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. You understand that by agreeing to the Terms, you and Pendulum are each waiving the right to trial by jury or to participate in a class action or class arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you and Pendulum will have the right to bring an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable or conservatory relief, pending a final decision by the arbitrator. You may instead assert your claim in “small claims” court, but only if your claim qualifies, your claim remains in such court and your claim remains on an individual, non-representative and non-class basis. An arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same user to the extent required by applicable law.
11.3. Costs of Arbitration. Payment for any and all reasonable JAMS filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will be in accordance with the JAMS Rules. If the value of your claim does not exceed $10,000, Pendulum will pay for the reasonable filing, administrative and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration, unless the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought was frivolous or brought for an improper purpose.
11.4. Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration provisions set forth in these Terms by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to email@example.com or to the U.S. mailing address listed at the bottom of this Agreement. The notice must be sent to Pendulum within 30 days of your registering to use the Services or agreeing to these Terms, otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with these Terms. If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, Pendulum also will not be bound by them.
12. ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS
12.2. Updating These Terms. We may revise these Terms from time to time in which case we will update the “Last Revised” date at the top of these Terms, with such new Terms taking effect on the date of posting, or such later date as may be specified in the updated Terms. If we make changes that are material, we will use reasonable efforts to attempt to notify you, such as by e-mail and/or by placing a prominent notice on the first page of the Pendulum website. You should review these Terms every time you use the Site because they are binding on you. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HERE, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE. Your continued access or use of the Services following the posting of any changes to the Terms constitutes your acceptance of the modified Terms. Your use of any other Services, as well as your accessing or ordering of any investigational and/or commercial products from any Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between such additional terms and conditions and these general Terms, these Terms shall govern.
12.3. Termination of License and Your Account. If you breach any of the terms of these Terms, all licenses granted by Pendulum will terminate automatically. Additionally, Pendulum may suspend, disable, or delete your Account and/or the Services (or any part of the foregoing) with or without notice, for any or no reason. If Pendulum deletes your Account for any suspected breach of these Terms by you, you are prohibited from re-registering for the Services under a different name. In the event of Account deletion for any reason, Pendulum may, but is not obligated to, delete any of Your Content. Pendulum shall not be responsible for the failure to delete or deletion of Your Content. All sections which by their nature should survive the termination of these Terms shall continue in full force and effect subsequent to and notwithstanding any termination of this Agreement by Pendulum or you. Termination will not limit any of Pendulum’s other rights or remedies at law or in equity.
12.4. Injunctive Relief. You agree that a breach of these Terms will cause irreparable injury to Pendulum for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and Pendulum shall be entitled to equitable relief in addition to any remedies it may have hereunder or at law without a bond, other security or proof of damages.
12.5. California Residents. If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code § 1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
12.6. Severability. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
12.7. Miscellaneous. These Terms and the licenses granted hereunder may be assigned by Pendulum but may not be assigned by you without the prior express written consent of Pendulum. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for reference only and shall not be read to have any legal effect. The Services are operated by us in the United States. Those who choose to access the Services from locations outside the United States do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. The Terms are governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of laws rules. Except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, all arbitration and other litigation of any dispute between you and Pendulum related to these Terms shall be located in San Francisco, California.
How to Contact Us. You may contact us regarding the Services or these Terms at: 933 20th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107; by phone (844)-912-2256, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.