Pendulum's Planet-friendly Packaging (Yes, it’s all recyclable)
Pendulum Therapeutics cares about your health, but that doesn’t end with your gut microbiome.
We also care about the planet’s health.
That is why when you order Pendulum Glucose Control (PGC), it arrives at your door in carefully sourced, eco-friendly packaging that can be recycled and re-used.
PGC is shipped in a refrigerated box to ensure that the strains arrive at maximum potency. That means we need to use insulation. We took care to source a type of insulation that:
- Is made from renewable plant starches
- Is biodegradable
- Will break down in water (Expert tip: soak the insulation in warm water to quickly dissolve )
The gel packs that keep PGC cool can be refrozen and reused (so, take them on your next picnic!). The felt-finish is moisture-resistant, and helps to keep your product cool while the rest of the packaging stays dry.
All of Pendulum's packaging is recyclable or compostable:
- Our shipping boxes are made of recyclable cardboard that can be reused or recycled
- The PGC bottle is PET plastic safe, and is completely recyclable
- The cornstarch-based insulation itself can go into your compost bin or be broken down in water
- The insert that holds your bottles is fully recyclable
Pendulum will continue to research sustainable-packaging options and do its part to drive environmental change.