- The old guidelines suggest screening for everyone starting at age 45
- This year, the ADA recommends screening everyone starting at the age of 35 using either:
- An A1C test
- A fasting plasma glucose, or
- An oral glucose tolerance test
“Early detection of Type 2 diabetes is very important,” says Orville Kolterman, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Pendulum. “Type 2 diabetes imposes significant personal, clinical, and public-health burdens, and diagnosing Type 2 earlier can help prevent things like heart and blood-vessel disease, neuropathy, kidney disease, and eye damage.”
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) published its 2022 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes (Standards of Care) as part of a supplement in the January 2022 issue of Diabetes Care.
For diabetes professionals, the ADA Standards of Care is the “gold standard,” and provides the latest evidence-based recommendations for:
- The treatment of Type 1, Type 2, and gestational diabetes
- Therapeutic approaches to reduce complications, mitigate heart and kidney risk, and improve health outcomes
In a press release, Robert A. Gabbay, MD, PhD, FACP, Chief Scientific and Medical Officer for the ADA, said the evidence for the prevention and treatment of diabetes and its complications is constantly evolving.
For the natural management of Type 2 diabetes, there is Pendulum Glucose Control, which has been clinically proven to help with the management of Type 2 diabetes in people who are also taking metformin.
Pendulum Glucose Control is the first (and only) medical probiotic specifically designed for people with Type 2 diabetes, and contains targeted strains or 5 probiotics (beneficial bacteria) and a prebiotic (food to fuel that beneficial bacteria).
Taken twice daily, Pendulum Glucose Control can help:
- Strengthen the gut microbiome
- Manage blood-sugar spikes, and
- Manage A1C levels
To achieve optimal results when taking Pendulum Glucose, it is important to also follow a gut-microbiome-friendly eating plan.
Click here to give Pendulum Glucose Control a try.